Followers
Friday, August 27, 2010
38 Years Re-United
I had a best friend in the late 1960's into 1972. Sadly, our families moved away never to be seen again. Throughout the years myself including my dear best friend Aixa Rivera looked for each other with no avail until July 16th, 2010. I found her. We were both shocked, spoke everyday and a month later on August 22, she flew to come see me. Steve and I picked both Aixa and husband, Joaquin at the airport. We ran to each other in silence almost like in slow motion with arms apart and when we reached each other there were tight hugs, long tight hugs, crying and weeping. Too many emotions,. We had a week together where we thought we had caught up but there is still so much more to say. Today I took them back to the airport and sadly our goodbye was emotional. However, we promised that now I will go visit her and she will visit me more often as she loved Orlando and couldn't see as much as she wanted. The good thing about our good-bye's was that we will never let it happen again. We will stay as close as the good almight lord will let us. Thank you God for making my dream come true. For giving me what I had been praying for - for years. I clearly understand that it was not when I wanted but when you felt there was a need. I love you and praise be to your name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I am glad you had a great time Mom. Aixa seems very sweet.
Post a Comment